Read the full competition rules here.
- Prior to submission, please write to us at email@example.com to request an entry number before 1730 on Friday 14th September GMT. After this point no new entry numbers will be released.
- Please create two pdf versions of your essay:
- One with your entry number, name and contact details on the front page
- One with only your entry number on the front page
- Send both versions in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Breakthrough Prize entry – (followed by your entry number)” by 23:59 GMT on Friday 14th September. This is the only method of submission that shall be accepted, and any essays submitted after the closing date will be rejected. Submissions are welcomed from individuals, groups of individuals, academia, the not-for-profit sector and all corporate bodies. Students must identify themselves in their submission in order to be eligible for the Student Prize or School Student Prize.